https://jellydonutsinhartfordconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Sunday, October 2, 2022

Campbell's Clam & Corn Chowder Successfully Combines Two Classic Soups Into One

                                       

A Tale of Two Clam and Corn Chowders

Some of the best recipes are created inadvertently, or from necessity. Tonight, I was starting to heat a can of Progresso Clam Chowder, when I noticed a half-full can of corn remaining from the previous night's supper, sitting in the refrigerator.


Since I'm also a fan of corn chowder, I figured 'why not add the corn to the clam chowder?' I'd never heard of clam-corn chowder before, but why not try it?


After adding a good amount of corn to the clam chowder, I took a taste, and it was awesome! This soup was one of the best of many clam chowders I've eaten. For a second or two, I thought maybe there was a great new soup idea being born.

     Approximately an hour after I ate the delicious clam-corn chowder, I clicked on an online banner ad for Chunky Soups, from Target. Being a fan of these soups, I was perusing the selection that was available, and what did I see being advertised? Chunky Clam and Corn Chowder. Ha

                                                               

While at the supermarket a few days later, I saw that they had the Campbell's Chunky Clam and Corn Chowder in-stock, and I decided to buy a can. After eating the chowder a few days later, I decided it was one of the best soups I've ever eaten. Since then, I've purchased two additional cans online. Here's a quick review of Campbell's Chunky Clam & Corn Chowder.

Size
The standard-sized can of Campbell's Chunky Clam & Corn Chowder weighs-in at 18.8 ounces. The label says it contains about two servings, but one can is just the right-sized serving for myself. When served with egg noodles, rice or mashed potatoes, with bread and butter, you can really have an "Mmm mmm good" meal.

                                                          
Price
At Hartford, Connecticut-area supermarkets, the regular retail price for one 18.8 ounce can of Campbell's Chunky Clam & Corn Chowder is approximately $2.99.


Appearance
This clam and corn chowder looks quite appetizing, right out of the can. The off-white broth is accented with good-sized pieces of clams and vegetables, creating a culinary image that's easy on the eyes.

Consistency
The consistency, or texture of Campbell's Chunky Clam & Corn Chowder is, as the name suggests, chunky. The clean-tasting pieces of clams are appropriately chewy, but not rubbery. Bite-sized chunks of potatoes and yellow corn kernels co-mingle with small pieces of celery and red pepper in a creamy broth that's not too thick and not too thin. 

Nutritional Facts
The 18.8 ounce can of Campbell's Chunky Clam & Corn Chowder contains two servings, and one serving contains 180 calories. Each serving contains 2 grams saturated fat, 0 grams trans fat, 10 grams total fat, 10 mg of cholesterol, 890 mg of sodium, 18 grams total carbs, 1 gram of dietary fiber, 3 grams total sugars and 5 grams of protein, per one-cup serving.

                                      

Flavor
On several occasions now, I've eaten Campbell's Chunky Clam & Corn Chowder. Every time I've eaten it, the soup has tasted great, and I've been very satisfied. The clams and corn kernels in the soup are plentiful and tasty, the potatoes are cooked just right and the creamy broth has a pleasing, New England-style flavor.

On the can's front label, it says this soup is flavored with bacon, and a subtle, yet effective amont of bacon flavor can be detected. 


Overall Rating
All things considered, Campbell's Chunky Clam & Corn Chowder is an excellent product that essentially combines two classic soups into one. When served atop some white rice, it makes for a mighty satisfying dinner.

On a flavor scale of one through ten, I would assign Campbell's Chunky Clam & Corn Chowder a rating of 9.5. Highly recommended.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outdated Potato Crisps at the Gas Station Mini-Mart

Pringles are everywhere these days. Whether it be at a large supermarket, small bodega, gas station, pharmacy or online retailer, there'...

Ten Minutes