https://jellydonutsinhartfordconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Sunday, September 27, 2020

Thank you, Prospect Foreign Car Service in West Hartford.

One of the first things I did after purchasing my 2004 Mazda Miata several years ago was to contact AAA about obtaining member coverage. The membership benefit that I was most interested in obtaining is the car battery service that they offer.

The Miata currently has a dead battery, and that's been the case every winter since I've owned it. It has never seen snow, and I'm paying for a garage and AAA service. If AAA was really a proactive, customer-oriented company, maybe they could figure out a way to stock batteries for early-2000s Miatas. There are still plenty of them out there. '




A few years ago, AAA came out to jump-start the Miata for Spring, and the driver/technician reminded me that the battery was pretty much in need of replacement. Shortly thereafter, I had a new battery put in by the local Mazda dealer.

 It so happened that the Miata was due for the required, recurring emissions testing. Off I went to Prospect Foreign Auto Repair to see if they could do the testing. When I talked to the friendly and knowlegeable owner, Franco, he informed me that I would have to put approximately 100 miles on the car before it would be ready to go through emissione testing.



Thank God, the Miata passed emissions. After having a new battery installed, the car's computer ? had to be reset by driving it for roughly 100 miles. If the computer does not reset, the vehicle probably won't pass emissions.



 Now, in 2022, the battery that was replaced a few years ago also had to be replaced. Right away, I called Prospect Foreign Auto, and they were very helpful. Even though it can be hard to find a battery for that year Miata, they said they could get it "no problem." I was given a good estimate for the total cost of the job, and was asked when it would be convenient for me to have the work done.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Outdated Potato Crisps at the Gas Station Mini-Mart

Pringles are everywhere these days. Whether it be at a large supermarket, small bodega, gas station, pharmacy or online retailer, there'...

Ten Minutes