https://jellydonutsinhartfordconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Saturday, February 8, 2020

What a Relief

Updated in August 2022

This is a three-foot by two-foot, wood and plaster of Paris 'Relief'' that adorns the lobby of my landlord's office. Previously, it was all white, and in the newer photo, it is still in the under-painting phase. Unfortunately, I don't know who originally constructed the relief, nor how old it is, but it sure is interesting and lots of fun to paint. Altogether, I'll probably spend about a month working on it, when I'm not working on other jobs.

Well, the painting of the plaster of Paris relief took approximately seven and a-half weeks to complete. The project involved a lot of under-painting, and I've learned about some of the intricacies involved with painting three-dimensional objects.

The relief was painted on my apartment floor, with big plastic tarps spread underneath and around it. As seen in the above photo, more than 20 tubes of paints were hanging-out on a tarp on my floor for weeks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outdated Potato Crisps at the Gas Station Mini-Mart

Pringles are everywhere these days. Whether it be at a large supermarket, small bodega, gas station, pharmacy or online retailer, there'...

Ten Minutes