https://jellydonutsinhartfordconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Watching "Frasier" While Vacuuming Can Be Hazardous To Your Vacuum Cleaner

No matter how long you've been utilizing a product, it's very easy to space-out and make some type of mistake while you're using it. Such was the case when I emptied the dust cup on an awesome, black Eureka vacuum cleaner recently.

My Father gave me the lightweight, Eureka vacuum cleaner as a gift ten or twelve years ago, and I'd always made a point of reinstalling the dust cup after emptying it. On the night in question, I emptied the dust cup, but then stopped to watch "Frasier" more closely on the nearby TV set. "Frasier" is one of my favorite shows, and I watch it regularly.

I must have assumed that I put the dust cup back in, so I turned the vacuum cleaner on, and the sleek machine began making a very loud, high-pitched sound. Immediately, I shut it down, then turned it on again, only to have the machine make the same awful sound again.


                                          




After unplugging the vacuum cleaner, I happened to notice the dust cup sitting on my kitchen counter, next to the waste basket. Duh.

Although I have since acquired an excellent, Black & Decker canister-type, upright vacuum cleaner, I still miss the Eureka. Later today, I hope to do some vacuuming. Vigilance will be necessary with emptying and reinstalling the canister and filter, and I have to do it when "Frasier" is not airing.



Updated in August 2022

The other night, I was watching an episode of "Frasier," and I started to think about how funny and freaky it would be if, for one day, I dressed and talked exactly like the Frasier character.

For instance, I patronize the Burger King restaurant on Farmington Avenue at least once or twice a week, sometimes more. If I were to go in there in a tweed,  three-piece suit, and explain to the cashier that I wanted to satisfy my gastronomic urges, she would probably freak.

At the corner bodega where I purchase Drake's cakes and Utz potato chips, I regularly utilize "Spanglish" wherein I speak a blend of 50% Spanish and 50% English. If I was speaking Spanglish in Frasier-mode, it would probably be the funniest thing they'd heard in a long time.


                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outdated Potato Crisps at the Gas Station Mini-Mart

Pringles are everywhere these days. Whether it be at a large supermarket, small bodega, gas station, pharmacy or online retailer, there'...

Ten Minutes